Sunday, July 14, 2013

My Louisana Grands



(This was first published 7-2-09)







Just a few quotes and stories I don't want to forget..

Just before I "hurt" Matthew, he said, "MiMi, you're my best friend, I can't live without you." He's not fit for dog meat! (my SH's quote)

After I had just given Matthew a lecture on the importance of washing his hands after a visit to the bathroom, this was his comment: "MiMi, if I don't use my hands, I don't have to wash them". Dear God in heaven.....

While fishing with Josh, some great conversations take place. I asked him if there were many black children in his class? "No, ma'am...they are mostly peach!

Some time ago, my sister-in-law's mother died. She was a sweet, sweet lady who had lived a wonderful life, loved children, knew what was important and what wasn't. The boys happened to be with us when this happened. Maybe this was the time to let them experience going to a funeral(their first). I knew this would be a celebration and a tribute.

They were all eyes and ears..."yes, Aunt Kay's mother was very old and sick. Sure, you can see her body, yes, there are rollers on the coffin stand. yes, we can go to to the cemetery when they put her body in the ground, They have a very, big car to put the coffin in to take it to the cemetery. Yes, we can go to the Catfish Cabin for lunch."

Our very last experience flying a kite: Josh and I took our new kites over to Point Mallard where we would have plenty of room. Josh sat in the car with his hands over his ears saying we shouldn't be out in this weather (very windy). Matthew didn't even want to come. He stayed home with Granddaddy. Something was wrong with this picture from the beginning. After about thirty minutes of lame attempts at kite flying, I gathered my tangled string and as

Forest Gump says, "that's all I have to say about that".
P5149892





No comments:

Post a Comment