Sunday, July 21, 2013

Tomato Time!

Isn't this time of the year wonderful?  Tomatoes, Tomatoes, everywhere.  Along with cucumbers, squash, and Oh, I can't wait for okra!  And sweet corn is the very best.

Another favorite of mine is Fresh Tomato Tart.  I made this last night and snapped a few photos to share.  I'm going to try and post the simple recipe from memory:
One prepared pie crust
8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese 
2 Tbls. fresh chopped basil
4 or 5 sliced tomatoes
drizzle extra virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper

Put cheese into pie crust
add basil
add tomatoes
drizzle olive oil over all
season with salt & pepper
I like to add extra basil on top.


Bake approx. 30 min.  Let crust get really brown.


Now, how easy was that!
So good with fresh tomatoes.....

Of course, my very favorite tomato treat is a tomato sandwich.
I thought it might be fun for everyone to share how they make their tomato sandwich.
Here is mine: 

 2 slices of white bread
 Hellmanns mayo on both slices                 
 Fresh tomato slices

Enjoy!  And thanks for coming by!  Your comments are important to me and I would love to have you as a follower.
                        

No comments:

Post a Comment