Monday, May 20, 2013

Maintenance


my67 008 Maintenance.…..hmmmmm, “continuing repair work”. The art of maintaining…..

Wow! No one told me it would be this hard!  I am forever looking for easier, simple, makeup tricks. How do I keep foundation on my face while sweating like I am running a marathon? How do I apply mascara and eye-liner with my glasses on? Where do I not put concealer?
As we age, I think all of us, still want to look nice without all the trendy products that we see in the national magazines. I have come to the conclusion that the secret is to find a few great make-up artists/companies, (Bobbie Brown is my favorite) use them, then, let it be!  Learn to be comfortable in your own “skin”. Be happy. It will show.
I have learned that I must keep my hair short. To do otherwise adds years in weeks!
I have also realized that I can look in the mirror easier if I color my gray.

feel really good in beige and black clothes. Notice I said I feel really good, not look really good. I have to really talk to myself to wear bright colors although I enjoy red and purple.

Jewelry is hard. Something classic and silver is usually good. Mostly earrings, never a bracelet. I also love antique brooches and old rhinestone earrings.

My preference in purses goes in cycles. It must always be a shoulder bag and I am attracted to expensive leather! For years I carried a very organized, small handbag.
I have never been one to change purses to match the clothes. I usually change with the seasons. For the past couple of years I have migrated toward larger, hobo type bags which is like looking in a deep, dark hole to find my keys. My cell phone always stops ringing before I find it! Oh well…….
Socks…..I love them. Loud, gaudy ones. My sister(who thinks everything must “match”) almost faints sometime when I cross my legs and my socks reveal themselves.

Shoes……I used to love them. I still love them on other people. There is nothing as good looking as high heels. I bought my last pair about 4 years ago. I saw them at T.J. Max and bought them without blinking an eye! They are snakeskin, 3 ½ inch
good looking shoes. I call them my “sex in the city” shoes. I haven’t dared wear them in at least two years. Just can’t do that anymore.

“It is what it is” and I’m gradually becoming "content in my own skin".
my67 009

This is another post that was first published on www.bcpmylife.com.  I am slowly moving all my posts to:  messagefrommimi.blogspot.com.  Both blogs are mine.  Thank you for coming by.

No comments:

Post a Comment