Saturday, December 14, 2013

It Gets Harder and Harder to Deck The Halls...

It turned into way too much work.  We worried that our grandchildren would be upset.  They hardly noticed.  We have a sweet, small tree that stays out all year including decorations and lights.  It sits  on our landing and those lights have not been turned off  in at least five years!  (I know...)  It is what it is. 

 The front door always has a wreath of fresh greens, berries, and a bow.   My sweet husband has gathered most of the fresh greenery.  It's drinking lots of water right now.
  

Fa, la, la, la, la ......! 



Christmas 2009 057




























Picture 152
It takes a "ton" of greenery!  A mix of evergreens makes me happy.
P1040873
Slurp, slurp, slurp!
P1040874
Don't even ask where my SH gets all this.  He has his sources and I don't want to know.
P1040877
 I use this wreath as my base and add lots of fresh greenery.  At least I have it out!  That touch of bronze in the wreath is a rusted handle to an old basket. 


P1040876
There is nothing wrong with using faux berries, cones, and touches of green,  if they look very good.  I have to replace mine almost every year because they look so good the birds try and eat them!

 Deck the halls with boughs of holly, Fa, la, la, la, la.......

No comments:

Post a Comment