Monday, October 14, 2013

The Very Best Cinnamon Toast



u Cinnamon Toast 010

kinda copied this from another blogger. (Ree Drummond – the famous Pioneer Woman) I changed, added, played with it…Oh my goodness, it is so good!
First you must start with real butter.  I used 1 1/2 sticks for this.  Let it soften or cheat and sap in the microwave.
Cinnamon Toast 001

Add sugar to taste.  I used about 3/4 cup.
parker reunion week end food 006

Mix, stir, mix, smush…
Cinnamon Toast 003

Add cinnamon (to taste)  We are not big cinnamon eaters so I just do a couple of shakes.
Cinnamon Toast 004

Now, use your imagination….add some vanilla. (Sorry, it didn’t get in the picture.)  This really does make it so much yummier.
  Cinnamon Toast 006

This is the bread I use and it is wonderful.  Spread generously(approx. 1 tbsp.) on as many slices as you want.  I’m telling you this is good!  So keep that in mind.  Be sure and spread over all the edges too.
Cinnamon Toast 007

OK, now place your slices of bread on a cookie sheet and bake about 10 min. in a preheated (350 degree) oven.Cinnamon Toast 008

By now, your whole house is smelling so good!
Now, turn your broiler on and watch very carefully.  Oooooh, now it is caramelizing with little sugar bubbles.
.Cinnamon Toast 009


This is really something special.  It doesn’t take much to make me happy!
I warned you, make more next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment