Saturday, September 6, 2014

There Once Was A Nightgown


Many years ago there was a wonderful nightgown.  A fine, linen gown...Oh, how I loved that nightgown!

NewImage
































google image

I wore it and wore it.  For many years, I wore it.  I washed it over and over again.  It got softer and softer.
Oh, how I loved that nightgown!

Then there came a time when I could not wear it again.   It was as thin as tissue, and it had holes in it!
What to do?....I couldn't throw it away.  Mmmm....there was a fairly large area where there were
no holes.  I wonder.....?  Well, I have nothing to lose.
I found a soft, downy pillow insert...
I went through mother's old buttons.  I found five that were alike.  Beautiful, old, mother of pearl
buttons.


P1050170




























P1050169


















    





A beautiful, soft, pillow sham.....The ultimate in luxury. 

How's that for recycling!














No comments:

Post a Comment