Saturday, May 3, 2014

My New White Picket Fence

When I heard that the "fence" people were coming the next day, I walked out to my garden and snapped a few pics.  Who knows what will survive.

My carolina jasmine is just starting to bloom.



To help you understand what my garden consists of, we live in a town home very close to the Tennessee River.   Our back yard consists of a path and parking for two cars.  Yes, we have a garage but that is for "the lady", my golf cart that I use for fishing.  Our fence is approximately twenty-five years old.  So it was time.

This is a knock-out rose that we pruned last fall.  The "fence man" said we should "cut this waay back".




This is the third year for my peonies.  Up until this year, they have had a few blooms but this year they are loaded with buds.





I wonder if my "endless summer" hydrangea will survive the "fence man's" big feet.





           My lenten roses always announce Spring is coming.




Armadi clematis is starting to bloom.  It's fragrance is wonderful.


I wasn't sure any of my garden would survive.  Everyone told me that there was "nothing I could do".  I knew I had to try.  I need you to visualize this:  red crepe paper streamers tied around every "plant that I have to save".  Sorry, I'm never good at taking "before" pics.

I know this post is getting long but I have to show you.....Just the pics, not much talking.






The fence men did great!  They did it all by hand instead of using their auger.  (big drill-looking machine)  I stayed out there with them.  I know they loved that.  The red crepe paper didn't hurt either.




This vine called "Jackson vine" came with us when we moved from Jackson street.  I hope it makes it.



                                                          Other side of drive...






Is that a shirt I see hanging on the lamp post?
Lord, have mercy!



Lime tree on the right




Fig tree




Thanks for coming by.  I hope you enjoyed my garden path.
                                                

                                                     
One on sidebar
                                                                       Come Visit
                                                           Between Naps On the Porch

No comments:

Post a Comment