Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Melt-Aways

I don't do much baking for the holidays anymore.  This is one recipe that I still make.  
This is a very delicate sugar cookie that will melt in your mouth.

MELT-AWAYS

I always double the recipe so it takes a while.

 A precious lady from our church, (Polly Higginbotham) who went to heaven this past year, gave me this recipe.

P1040929
                                                           
  1c.powdered sugar
1 c. sugar
1 c. veg. oil
1 c. butter 
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla & touch of almond flav.
4 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 t. salt
1 t. soda
1 t. cream of tartar
sugar to roll
In large bowl, cream sugars, butter, and oil til fluffy.  Add eggs & flavorings.  Beat well.  Add flour, salt, soda, and cream of t.  Mix well.  Roll into small balls.  Place on ungreased cookie sheets.  (I use parchment paper.)  Dip bottom of juice glass into sugar and press.  Bake 400 degrees for approx. 8 min.

You will love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment