Monday, October 14, 2013

Grandchildren's Favorite Sandwich


I’ve never cared for sandwiches until I tasted my first Panini.
Pininis 003

If you don’t have one of these, you must go to Williams Sonoma right now and buy one!  Run!Pininis 004

It is, hands down,  our grandchildren’s favorite meal at MiMi & Granddaddy’s.
Pininis 002

I’ve never made the same one twice.  It depends on what I have in the frig.  Good deli ham and turkey, at least two different kinds of cheese, is a good start.  Oh wait, the very most important ingredient is a good earthy bread.  You can’t go wrong at Publix.  I usually use the five grain Italian.Pininis 005

Brush the outside of each slice of bread with olive oil.  Usually I mix a spread of mayo, mustard, and pesto? if I can do it without the kids seeing me!
Pininis 006

I sautéed onions and bell peppers, and cucumbers.  Sometimes I do this and sometimes, I don’t.
  I’m telling you, you can’t mess this up!Pininis 007


You can peek, it doesn’t hurt a thing.
Pininis 010

Pininis 011

Perfect!

Dear God in heaven...

No comments:

Post a Comment