Monday, August 5, 2013

We've been doing leaf collections for a long time

Several years ago, my mother and I were looking through her old papers, things she had saved, etc.  She had several pages of an old scrapbook.....It was a science project she had done circa 1933 or 1934.  Mother said, "we might as well throw that away".  I don't think so, mother.  Amazing condition and one of my most treasured memories.  
Can you see the little strips she used to attach her plants.  I asked her what it was.  She said they made their glue and just cut little strips.  Think about this...1934




I have this group hanging on the landing.
It serves as a gentle reminder of my mother.


It is hard to see.  She wrote the name of each plant.


























                Isn't this amazing?  circa 80 years              

               Enjoy!  Thanks for coming by.

No comments:

Post a Comment