Saturday, June 1, 2013

A Love Letter


my67 015

It was the hardest thing I ever did and the most wonderful decision I ever made. Soon after I met my husband, I realized he was the kindest, most gentle man I had ever known. After almost 44 years, I still believe that. A man of few words with a heart as big as the sky, he is still the love of my life.

It was often a struggle, in earlier years, both of us coming into this union with children, but what an accomplishment! Three incredible children, daughters-in-law whom we adore, and six absolutely wonderful Grandchildren!

On a recent vacation, a sweet little lady asked us how many years? Her advice was, “love and cherish each other every day”. I detected a hint of regret as I noted she was traveling with another lady.

Thank you Lord for reminding us that each of our days together is a gift.

First published bcpmylife (dates changed)

No comments:

Post a Comment